[updated August 20, 2020] SharePoint Online is a cloud-based service that enables you to collaborate with colleagues. With SharePoint, you can access internal sites, documents, and other information from anywhere—at the office, at home, or from a mobile device. Launch SharePoint Online from the Office 365 app launcher with a single click.
- Centralized document management
- Great for team/projects websites and collaboration
- Integrates with other Office 365 tools & services including, OneDrive
- 1 Terabyte (TB) of file storage
- Sync, view and edit your Team Site documents from any of your work or home devices
- Advanced file management features:
- automatic file versioning – restore a changed file to a previous version
- a recycle bin that allows you to recover deleted files up to 3 months from the time of deletion
- real-time collaboration options that allow you and your team to work on the same file or document at the same time with automatic versioning capturing all changes made to that file.
- New self-serve design interfaces allow novices to easily add webparts to your site to display files, document libraries, images, online videos (e.g. Youtube) or other Office 365 services (e.g. a plan from your Microsoft Planner)
Requesting Your SharePoint Online Site
Contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-845-9430 ext. 2150.