Loaner Laptops for Students
- Must have a valid Sheridan onecard
Students enrolled in programs that mandate the use of a laptop are entitled to a free emergency loaner laptop for a duration of 7 days per term. Emergency usage is intended for academic requirements such as quizzes, tests, presentations and assignments in the event the student's 'bring-your-own laptop (BYOL)' unit fails. This is applicable to all students in a BYOL program.
Laptop Loaner Details
- Loaners will be issued up to a maximum of 7 calendar days per semester per student—they can be split into multiple occurrences but total days cannot exceed 7 days (e.g. seven instances lasting one day each; two instances - one of 3 days and another of 4 days; etc.)
- The loan of a laptop for several hours on a particular day will be counted as one full day loan
- Emergency loaners are for students only and they must be in school (i.e. not on vacation or co-op)
- Emergency loaners will not be available during the break weeks between semesters
- Laptops kept longer than 7 days (cumulative) will be subject to a late return penalty fees as follows:
- On the 8th day if laptop is still not returned, the student will be charged the full list price of the borrowed laptop
- Upon return of the laptop, the charge for the laptop will be reversed, but the student will have to pay a late fee of $100 plus $10 for each day the laptop is late.
- Due to limited inventory, use of a loaner laptop is not guaranteed.
Requesting a Loaner Laptop
To receive an emergency loaner laptop, eligible students should visit the IT Service Desk counter with a valid Sheridan onecard.