Academic Software Requests
- employees in an academic faculty
- dependent on software and licensing details
- software must be requested by deadline dates indicated
- faculty Dean must approve and budget for cost of software/licensing
- software must be provided to IT for testing on the network
- requesters should be prepared coordinate software testing
Requests for academic software that need to be packaged and delivered over Sheridan's network and/or in a multi-user lab environment must be submitted to IT according to the procedures and deadline dates indicated below.
* Academic software requests were formerly governed by the now defunct Academic Software Hardware Group (ASHG). A new governance model is currently in development. More details will be posted on this page as they become available.
There are two possible scenarios that licensing falls into:
- College wide site license
These are software licenses that are negotiated by IT and made available to the campus community. Software from Adobe and AutoDesk are examples of site licensed software.
- Specific software related to individual courses.
Individual academic faculties are responsible for arranging the purchase and acquisition of program-related software and then, to provide the software to IT for testing if it is to be delivered on the College network.
Current Academic Software Offerings
For a complete list of the current academic software offerings, please see Supported Academic Software.
Deadlines and Procedures
Requesters must ensure the following when requesting academic software:
- The dean responsible must approve all software requests and budget for the purchase of the licenses. These purchases must be included in the November/December budgeting cycle for the upcoming Academic Year.
- Software to be delivered by IT must be provided to us for testing on the network. The requester must provide faculty or staff for testing.
- Software requests must be submitted by the appropriate deadline as indicated below. Send your requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org