Printing Charges, Top-ups and Refunds
All Sheridan students (Full-time, Part-time, Joint Programs, FCAPS) receive a one-time printing credit of $5. Once
this credit is exhausted, students will need to top-up their printing account in order to continue printing at Sheridan.
Printing Charges & Account Types
Current Printing Charges
Sheridan students are required to pay for printing. Photocopying, where available, will be charged at the same rates indicated below. Scanning to email, where available, is free of charge. Charges are as follows:
||Grayscale Single Sided
||Colour Single Sided†
|8.5 x 11 (letter)
|8.5 x 14 (legal)*
|11 x 17 (tabloid)*
* where available
† colour printing currently only available at HMC campus
Currently there are two separate account balances and top-up procedures associated with each student's onecard. There
is one account and process associated with printing and another account and process for general purpose transactions
(e.g. bookstore or cafeteria transactions).
- FLEX ACCOUNT (aka cash account): funds deposited into your Flex account can be used as payment for any onecard transaction, including printing
- PRINTING ACCOUNT (aka PaperCut account): funds deposited into your Printing Account can only be used for printing
You are strongly encourage to add funds to your Flex account rather than your Printing account where funds can
be allocated for any onecard transaction.
For more details please see the onecard website.
To top-up your onecard Flex account (aka cash account) go to the onecard magagement site and log-in with your Sheridan credentials.
REMEMBER: funds added to your PaperCut account can ONLY be used for printing.
Students can top-up their printing accounts via the Printing Top-Up link in MyStudent Centre. Top-ups are available
in $5, $10 and $20 denominations. Payment is by bank debit card only. Currently, the following banks* are supported:
- Royal Bank
- Scotia Bank
- TD/Canada Trust**
* You MUST be registered for online banking with one of the above financial institutions to top-up online.
* * new TD debit cards that feature longer card numbers and chip technology are not currently supported.
Follow the instructions below to top-up your account online:
- Log-in to AccessSheridan and select the link MyStudent Centre.
- Select the link Printing Account Payment.
- From the dropdown menu, select the dollar amount you would like to add to your printing account and click the Make Payment button.
- A confirmation screen will appear where you can review your transaction. Click the button Pay From Your Bank Account to proceed.
- Choose your bank from the list of available institutions.
- You will be directed to the log-in page for your financial institution. Enter your credentials to proceed and
complete the transaction.
sample account log-in screen for BMO
Top-up in Person
Top-up credits can also be purchased from the locations listed below. Payment is by bank debit card only from these locations.
- onecard Office Locations
- Campus libraries at the Davis, Hazel McCallion and Trafalgar Road campuses.
- IT Service Desk counter locations at the Davis, Hazel McCallion and Trafalgar Road campuses.
- Learning Commons service desk at the Davis and Trafalgar Road campus
- Office of the Registrar counter (room A1) at the Skills Training Centre
Transfer Credits to Another Student
Sheridan students who are active in a program or course also have the option to transfer printing credits from
their account to another student who is also currently active in a program or course.
Pleaser note: credits can only be transferred when you have funds in your PaperCut account. Credits
cannot be transferred from your $5 starting balance.
- Go to: https://papercut.sheridanc.on.ca/user and log-in with your Sheridan credentials. You will see the PaperCut
Summary screen. Click the link Transfers in the left-side navigation bar.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and enter the Sheridan
network username of the person to who you want to transfer credits. Enter a comment if you wish. Click the Transfer button to complete the transaction.
Refund of Printing Credits
Students may apply to have printing credits refunded in the event of :
- poor printer output (e.g. streaks on page; uneven toner coverage; mangled or torn paper)
- no printer output (e.g. paper jams or printer runs out of paper)
Refunds will NOT be issued for:
- instances of user error —e.g. a job is sent with the incorrect formatting, orientation or printer settings
- unused printing credits –
printing credits are non-refundable.
To apply to have printing credits refunded, follow the steps below.
- Go to:
https://papercut.sheridanc.on.ca/user and log-in with your Sheridan credentials. Select the Recent Print Jobs link. In the Status column, Click the link request refund for the job that you want credits refunded.
- The refund page will present a summary of the job details. In the Refund Details section, select whether you are applying for a full or partial refund. If applying
for a partial refund, enter the amount you would like refunded. Enter a reason for your refund request - e.g.
poor output quality; mangled output; etc. Click the Send button when done.
- After submitting the refund request, you'll note that the status associated with that job will be updated to
Refund Pending. All refund requests will be reviewed and will be processed within 48 business hours.
Account Balances* Upon Leaving Sheridan
Balances of $5 or more
One year after the student’s final course or term completes, any balance of $5 or greater remaining in a student's PaperCut account will be credited to the student’s financial account, viewable via myStudent Centre.
Balances less than $5
A balance of less than $5 will automatically be transferred to the Sheridan Student Bursary Fund.
* Any credits remaining from a student's initial $5 starting balance are non-refundable and non-transferable.