- Sheridan employees, students & visitors
Sheridan offers wireless access points at all campuses that provide laptop users with convenient and easy access to the campus network and the Internet. Sheridan has two primary wireless networks that can be accessed by any active student or staff member who has valid network account. Remember, wireless connections are slower and less secure than wired connections. Users should exercise caution and good judgment when accessing any wireless network.
Sheridan's Wireless Networks
- Sheridan Secure Access is Sheridan's encrypted (secure) wireless network. This network provides users with the highest level of wireless network security. Users are required to log-in with their Sheridan username and password to join this network.
- Sheridan Guest Access is Sheridan's unencrypted (unsecure) wireless network and is for users whose laptop or mobile device does not support WPA2 encryption. Users wishing to use Sheridan Guest Access must go to the IT Service Desk to have their device enabled for use on the network.
- eduroam (education roaming) allows faculty, staff and students to access wireless services at any participating institution by logging in with their home institution credentials. Learn more about eduroam.
- Wide Coverage across all campuses: wireless nodes, or hotspots, have been set up to cover academic and administrative spaces, hallways, and other public gathering areas. Coverage also extends beyond the walls of Sheridan’s buildings and you may enjoy access to the network while using your wireless device outside.
- Access to WiFi services in cities of Brampton & Mississauga: thanks to partnerships forged with the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, the Sheridan Secure Access wireless network is available to Sheridan students and employees in a number of public spaces in these cities, including libraries, arenas and recreation centres.
Wireless services are normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionally, there may be brief outages when system maintenance is being performed. You can view the current status of the wireless network on the System Status Dashboard.
For details on connecting to Sheridan's network please see the document linked below: