- Sheridan employees, students & visitors
[updated May 26, 2020] Sheridan offers wireless access points at all campuses that provide laptop users with convenient and easy access to the campus network and the Internet. Sheridan has two primary wireless networks that can be accessed by any active student or staff member who has valid network account. Remember, wireless connections are slower and less secure than wired connections. Users should exercise caution and good judgment when accessing any wireless network.
Sheridan's Wireless Networks
- Sheridan Secure Access is Sheridan's encrypted (secure) wireless network. This network provides users with the highest level of wireless network security. Users are required to log-in with their Sheridan username and password to join this network.
- Welcome to Sheridan is intended for use by visitors to the College and provides basic internet access with limited access to College resources and services. Users with Sheridan accounts should continue to use Sheridan Secure Access.
- Sheridan Legacy (formerly known as 'Sheridan Guest Access') is Sheridan's unencrypted (unsecure) wireless network and is for users whose laptop or mobile device does not support WPA2 encryption. Users wishing to use Sheridan Legacy must go to the IT Service Desk to have their device enabled for use on the network
- Eduroam allows faculty, staff and students from other institutions to access wireless services at Sheridan by logging in with their home institution credentials. Learn more about eduroam
Sponsored Guest Access & Network Access for Groups
Sponsored Network Access for Visitors/Guests
Visitors to Sheridan who are on site and are not part of the Sheridan community can be sponsored for network access by a Sheridan staff or faculty member. Please see:
Network Access for Groups
If you are hosting an event on campus with a group of outside users who will be bringing their own laptops, Conference and Event Services can assist in setting up network access for your guests. Please see:
* your laptop or mobile device must support the WPA2 security protocol, if not you will be limited to using Sheridan Legacy.
- Wide Coverage across all campuses: wireless nodes, or hotspots, have been set up to cover academic and administrative spaces, hallways, and other public gathering areas. Coverage also extends beyond the walls of Sheridan’s buildings and you may enjoy access to the network while using your wireless device outside.
- Access to WiFi services in cities of Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville: thanks to partnerships forged with the cities of Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville, the Sheridan Secure Access wireless network is available to Sheridan students and employees in a number of public spaces in these cities, including libraries, arenas and recreation centres.
Wireless services are normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionally, there may be brief outages when system maintenance is being performed. You can view the current status of the wireless network on the System Status Dashboard.
For details on connecting to Sheridan's network please see the document linked below: