- Sheridan employees, students & visitors
High-speed network jacks are available in academic and administrative spaces throughout the College. Wired network connections offer users data connections that are faster and more secure than wireless.
- Secure: wired network connections are more secure that wireless
- Fast: wired network connections offer speeds of up to 1 gigabit per second
Things to Note
- Users who are attempting to connect to a network jack in an area served by Sheridan’s academic network (classroom, lab or open access area) will need to authenticate before being granted access to the network.
- If you are a laptop user who is running a Virtual Machine (VM) on their computer (e.g. VMware Fusion; Parrells Desktop; VirtualBox; Xen; etc.) and you are plugging your computer into a network jack in classroom or lab, you will need to ensure that your virtual machine's network adapter is set to NAT. Bridged networking will NOT work on Sheridan's academic network.
Network services are normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionally, there may be brief outages when system maintenance is being performed. You can view the current status of the network on the System Status Dashboard.
For details on connecting to Sheridan's network please see the document linked below: