- Must be a Sheridan employee and adhere to the guidelines set out in Sheridan's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Must have an employee network account, including a Sheridan username and password (created during the onboarding process).
- A distribution list must be requested by the employee's Manager or Director.
About Distribution Lists
A distribution list is a list of several mail recipients that is addressed as a single recipient. Distribution lists are used to send email to groups of people without having to enter each recipient's individual address.
Things to Note
- Distribution Lists are managed by Information Technology. Changes to Distribution Lists must be requested via the Information Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology reserves the right to reserve addresses for future use, e.g., common words and terms, as well as addresses that resemble personal addresses that may be automatically assigned to future staff or students.
- The creation of a Distribution List must be approved by the appropriate departmental Manager or Director.
How to Request a Distribution List
The Manger or Director of the employee who wants the Distribution List must contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Requested email address; and,
- Desired recipients of the email address.