IT Migrating Services to New Load Balancers on Saturday, October 12
[October 9, 2019] Beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, October 12 until 12 p.m., IT staff will be migrating the following services to new load balancers. There may be brief disruptions for each of the affected services.(less than 15 minutes) but may occur anytime during each migration window.
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.: VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- users trying to log-in to a virtual machine (like those found in the Learning Commons and labs) during the upgrade period may be unable to do so. Please exercise patience - the service interruption should be brief.
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.: LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- LDAP is mostly utilized by back-end services and there should be no direct user impact
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.: SSO (Single Sign On)
- SSO is used for user authentication by many Sheridan services (e.g. SLATE, Office 365, Secure websites, etc.). Users may find they are unable to log into SSO reliant services for a brief time during the migration period. Users already connected during the migration should not see any disruptions in service.
Questions or Concerns?
We thank-you for your patience and support as we perform this necessary maintenance. If you have further questions or concerns about this upgrade, contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.