ESS is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and evolution of Sheridan’s enterprise systems that support administrative and academic computing at Sheridan. From prospect through graduation, invoices to web payments, our systems and services provide the foundation for administrative and academic operations at Sheridan.
- Software Development
- System Integration
- Business Continuity
- Database Operations
- PeopleSoft Infrastructure
- PeopleSoft Upgrades
- IT Governance
- Institutional Priorities
The ESS group is comprised of the following four teams - PeopleSoft Systems Group, Enterprise Applications Group, Departmental Applications Group and the Database Administration (DBA) Group.
The PeopleSoft Systems Group
The PeopleSoft Systems group provides technical leadership, on-going technical support, application upgrades and designs and implements custom solutions for the college’s PeopleSoft applications, including:
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions V9.0
- Student Records
- Financial Aid
- Student Financials
- Academic Advisement
- Contributor Relations
- Faculty Centre
- Sheridan Academic Logistics
- Sheridan Term Planning
This team of software developers and analysts provides solutions to support academic and administrative enterprise applications for users across the College. These applications include:
- Brightspace from D2L
Sheridan’s online Learning and Teaching Environment (SLATE).
- Sitecore E-commerce
Browse, register and pay for Continuing Education and Professional courses. View grades and track your progress towards program completion.
- AccessSheridan Portal
Gateway for students and employees to access Sheridan information and services such as myStudent Centre, WebMail, Software Installation, Student Advisement Centre, Career Centre and more!
- On-line Payments
Chase hosted checkout is a secure hub for processing online payments.
Sheridan’s mobile app available for iOS, Android and Blackberry. Campus maps, shuttle bus schedule, JavaCam, notices and much more.
Jira is a flexible web-based bug tracking, issue tracking and task tracking software solution.
The Departmental Application Group provides technical support and continuity for the applications/systems required for specific functional areas within the College. These systems include:
- SiteCore (Web content management system)
- Encampus (DCU, Timetabler, Room bookings)
- Blue (Course evaluations)
- Theatre Sheridan Reservation System
- Jobs.Sheridan (on-line portal providing access to job postings & interview schedules)
- ISP (International Student Processing)
- OSCAR (medical system)
- Caterease (Event management)
- Clockwork (Counselling and assessable learning services application)
- MainBoss (Facilities management work orders)
- Versatile Pro (Records management)
- Idea Generator (Career counselling)
- Parking system
- Package Track (Package deliveries)
- PD Place (Professional development course management)
- Policy Server
- Other departmental applications.
The Database Administration Group is responsible for performing all activities related to maintaining our Oracle databases as well as our PeopleSoft infrastructure. Activities include:
- Maintain the PeopleSoft application and web servers
- Apply PeopleSoft Patches and Fixes (Campus Solutions, Finance, HR and CRM)
- Perform PeopleSoft Upgrades (Campus Solutions, Finance, HR and CRM)
- Database refreshes
- Manage and maintain the Oracle Databases
- Perform Oracle database upgrades
- Central point for code changes deployed to the production systems